RSS

Backyard Vacay: Shervinton Hotel

So here's the thing... I have been doing this for almost 4 years now. Almost every few months or so, I will bring myself to what is called my 'backyard vacay'. Like every other normal human beings out there, I tend to bottled up my stress and unresolved feelings regarding my work for a whole month and to unwind myself... I treat myself to a one night only stay at a hotel locally. And this time around, my choice is Shervinton Hotel (and I'm pretending that I'm currently in Kota Kinabalu - it's incredible what the mind can do in such situations). Huhuhuhu...

This is actually my third time checking into this place. It's one of the newer hotels (and dare I say flashier) at the 'hotel row' at Fajar Complex, Tawau. There're several other hotels right next to each other at this area but this is most definitely the baby (but is also the biggest and tallest) of the bunch. I've booked myself into the Deluxe Room and I must say that I'm still pretty impressed. The decor are very modern and chic, and very pleasing to the eyes. I'm all about comfort but it's nice to see when the hotel did not abandon the decor as well. The room itself is the standard size for a deluxe with the standard LCD TV and several cable channels. But what I really like is their bathroom slash showers. It's separated by a single, flexible door that closed one part of the showers/bathroom but not the other one (see pic below). I'm kicking myself for not thinking about that creative design for my own bathroom at home (hah, I wish!).

So other than my over-the-top obsession with the bathroom/showers, the hotel also boasted a lovely sky bar at the top floor of the hotel. Checking in was the usual "sorry ma'am (I'm a ma'am?) but our room is currently not available as the previous guest haven't checked out, so can you please come back at 2pm?" which I don't really mind. But what I do mind was the other male receptionist that for some reason is giving me this 'I'm soo much better than you' vibe when I do checked in at 2pm. Dude, really? Is it because I'm in my t-shirt and jeans and am not a foreigner? Whatever...

Overall however, my scores are as follows...

Type - Deluxe Queen Room
Room - 4/5 (I'm really satisfied with my room)
Price - 4/5 (I got a discount by using Agoda, though I think it's a little pricier if you walked-in)
Service - 3/5 (a typical mid-range hotel with friendly staff. Well, minus mentioned receptionist of course! And I also love the ladies's uniforms. It reminds me of a foreign airline stewardesses)
Decor - 4/5 (pretty modern, clean lobby eventhough it might not be that big in space)
Facilities -3/5 (they have these packages for weddings & seminars so I assume that there's probably a hall somewhere)
Location - 4/5 (it's near to various shops, restaurants & banks and there's a fleet of taxis right next to the hotel. Although it might be a challenge for those that brought their own vehicles as parking at the area are based on pure luck)







  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment