RSS

Eaaat Cafe

Honestly I'm not too sure whether to call in a cafe or a full-fledged restaurant, cause it looks like a hybrid of both. But what really matters is the food right? So what do they served at this cafe-restaurant with a simple yet unique name you asked? Well, I can pretty much sums up everything on the menu as a giant melting pot of fusion food.They have almost everything from the usual local cuisines (like Nasi Goreng and such), Korean dishes, western food, pretty looking snacks (like toasts, fried bananas) and a wide range of local favourite drinks. Since I've already had my lunch just hours before I went to the cafe, I opted for a Yankee Dog (yup, that's the actually name although I don't think it's got anything to do with its western counterpart). I have to say that I'm not a fan of pickles but the ones inside the hotdog was pretty awesome. My dear partner had a Fried Rice with Thai Chicken (or the other way around - I forgot) and he said that the chicken is really tangy. We also shared a Chocolate Banana Toast and since I'm a Nutella addict (yes, I practically can 'smell' a Nutella from miles away), I have to say that the combination was just  superb! It doesn't hurt also that the place has a nice, relaxed atmosphere and that food collage on the wall? Looks pretty and 'yummy' from any angle.

Oh, I've just realised that I went straight to the food without telling you where exactly is the place huh? My bad folks! I'm usually over excited when it comes to food that I loved. Hehehehe.. It's actually located at the Unijaya Commercial space. I'm pretty sure that even locals might have a hard time locating the place unless if you lived at the surrounding areas or somebody told you about it. The Unijaya commercial building is relatively new in Tawau and it's located at Jalan Sin Onn. To narrow it down further, it's quite near to the Tawau Police HQ (the one at Jalan Air Panas, not the one in town). There aren't that many shops there so you'll eventually find it even if you missed it the first time around.

** Current status - Has been closed (as of June 2015)






  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment