RSS

Restoran Rasa Sedap

Well, I did mention before that I'm half Chinese right? No? Never mind then... I grew up eating my mom's cooking so I have develop a taste for Chinese cuisines. But don't get me wrong, I'm still a huge tempe (yes, that tempe) loving lady in my regular diet. So among the few places that I would go to have myself some good old Chinese gourmet cooking is this place, the Rasa Sedap Restaurant. Almost always full during weekends and major holidays, this pretty popular place is situated in Fajar Complex, right next to the Richbaby (if I'm not mistaken - I'm not a clubber so my mind doesn't keep track of the latest hangouts) pub.

So what's so special about this place? Well, for one thing.. your orders landed on your table pretty swiftly. This is definitely a plus since like I've mention above, it's packed with customers during the weekends. But does the quality of the food have to be sacrificed? I'm happy to report that that's a no! One of their dishes that I can't seem to get out of my head (and of course, my little ol' stomach) is their Special Fragrance Fried Bee Hoon (seen below). They have manage to combine the 2 things that I loved, bee hoon and dried prawns in one dish. Oh and also some crunchy fried onions (another munchy, weird fave). Yeah yeah.. I was a big sceptic when the captain of the waitresses recommended me this dish but after only one I-don't-know-if-this-is-a-good-idea try, I was hooked! Mannn.. It makes my mouth water every time I thought about it. My dad's favorite is definitely their Butter Prawn (not among the pictures though since it's girls-night-out when I took them) and mom always ordered their Spicy Chicken and Sweet & Sour Sliced Fish.The decor has somewhat a regular Chinese restaurant feel to it, but to be honest it's a similar design to those of its previous owners/tenants. Yup, just goes to show just how long I have been coming to the place to notice such things. Meaning, there isn't much renovation going on for maybe.. the past 5-6 years beginning from it's predecessors. Oh, and it's worth mentioning that they also have the 'no pork' policy.

** Current status - Has been closed (as of July 2020)






Updated on 12/01/2014 - They had recently added a newly renovated floor right above the vicinity, as seen below. I've also added some new food pictures from my current visit, which includes the Butter Prawn, Stir Fried Vegetables, Mango Chicken and Fried Rice





  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment