RSS

Lover Kopitiam

After going through my previous posts, I've noticed a pattern in terms of the places that I usually go for to get a bite. And this next one is no exception. This cafe called Lover Kopitiam (at least the name's memorable right?) can be considered as the sister of that infamous Lover Cake House franchise all over Tawau. And just how I figured all of this out? One, I've seen the Lover Cake House van sending their freshly baked goodies to the cafe several times now and two, by looking at the name of the place (duh! - I am such a 'genius'). Yes I know, I am so proud of myself, har har har...

Now the place itself is located at (one of my favourite spots in town) that single row building right in front of LA Hotel and overlooking the St Patrick's Church, Tawau. Diving into the food head first, I would say that overall there has been some inconsistencies in terms of tastes but around 90% of the time they actually got it correct. For our most recent visit, me and my partner ordered ourselves a Nasi Lemak Special and Sambal Fried Rice (and yes, despite the unappealing look of the fried rice, it's actually quite tasty and somewhat spicy). They usually offered a variety of ready-to-be-eaten food out of the food counter up front but when we got there they're all sold out so I can't give you guys a look (just to give you guys some ideas - it's has similar menus as that very popular kopitiam franchise in KK called Fook Yuen).

Like a typical (modernized) kopitiam, they also catered a variety of delicious looking buns and tarts (which are also available via their cake houses mentioned before) as well as other side snacks such as the white buns (aka 'pau') and waffles in assorted flavourings. And as far as I'm concern, they're all delicious (yes, I have personally tasted them throughout my previous visits). The environment of the cafe is also quite comfortable but do watch out for the tables outside of the cafe (the ones facing the main road, not the one facing St Patrick's Church) as it is actually situated next to the toilet so if you're one of those that goes 'eww..' at the mere thought of that (guilty!) than avoid it at all costs.

** Current status - Still in operation (as of November 2013)










  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment