RSS

Onebucks Cafe (Version 2.0)

I was contemplating for sometime now, whether or not I should do a re-review of a place that I’ve visited before and after some thought, I said ‘yeah, what the heck.” So here I am revisiting the ever popular hangout for Tawau youngsters, especially if they’re ‘lepaking’ in and around Eastern Plaza shopping mall. Just to recap, it is located at the lower ground floor of said mall (click HERE to view my previous review).

The eatery has undergone a transformation as of late, what with its expansion from a single shop to a more comfortable two shops sized café. Which is just as well since their café was just too small and crowded for all those teens that enjoyed hanging out while munching on some light snacks. Their menu had also expanded to heavy duty food such as a slew of typical local dishes and even some Buginese specialty like the berobok and kapurung (but both are only available during the weekend). I was a bit hungry when me and my partner dropped by recently and had tried their Nasi Lalap Ayam (which sadly tasted not so good, everything about it was just not tasty in my opinion) but my partner stuck with their popular snacks like chocolate waffles, cheesy wedges and fried wonton (which I can assure you, are all way better tasting than their main courses). For drinks, I do recommend their newly added Oreo Chocolate Ice Blended drink as well as their Teh C Special (very refreshing and very tasty).

** Current status – Has fully moved to the Bazhong commercial area (as of April 2021) 









  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment