RSS

Outward Vacay: DM Hotel

My sincere apologies y’all. Another year, another load of freshly piled up workload has prevented me from doing any new updates on this blog. But rest assured that since that workload has been somewhat ‘tamed’, I’ll try my hardest to catch up on things.

As my annual ‘pilgrimage’ to Kota Kinabalu has come and gone, I also have a few reviews to do in and around the city. Mind you, I actually went there twice this year, firstly due to family matters and then a week after that, my very own personal vacation.  During my first week there, I’ve decided to try this hotel, mainly because it’s near to my relative’s house. The DM Hotel is a nice, little hotel nested in the popular commercial area Damai Plaza. In fact, it’s the only hotel within the area. Checking in and out was pretty uneventful. The room that we were given was smaller than expected but still very cozy. I’ve read comments from several previous patrons that the pillows and bed were too hard for them, but I personally loved them. What I most impressed about was their bathroom, which was sizeable and gave out a very retro and cheerful vibe. Several minor problems however have surfaced like problems with the keycard (but that was sorted out during the first night) as well as loud drillings going on as early as 9am in the rooms near to ours. The hotel might be a bit far from the main city area so having a vehicle is a plus. But do be warned though that the area is a pretty popular commercial spot (with a huge number of shops, banks and other things within walking distance) so parking might be a problem to find during weekdays but is available during the weekends.

Overall, I’m giving them…

Type – Deluxe Queen
Room – 4/5 (bring on the hard beds and pillows!)
Price – 4/5 (very reasonable especially if you booked online)
Service – 3/5 (sometimes the staff seems not to bother with you but that’s just my opinion)
Décor – 3/5 (it might be a mid-range budget hotel but it’s definitely well-kept)  
Facilities – 3/5 (pretty basic stuff but they do have a lift/elevator for convenience)
Location – 4/5 (superb location as it is visible by the main road and central to the surrounding commercial 
area) 






  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment