RSS

Don Don (KK FoodieVenture #49)

From a place that has established themselves within the Centre Point Food Court circle (see previous post) we now move on to a place that’s relatively new. And not just that, it’s also a place that confuses me. From an FB page that I’ve read before, it is said that there’s a Japanese food joint on the basement level of said mall. So when I made my way down there one day, I was a bit taken aback when I discover that the Don Don café was... err, not a Japanese eatery but instead a café that features popular local cuisines. I have no idea what happen but since I’m there, I might as well try them out right? And it does help that I’m just hungry as hell at the time. Har har har

Since me and my partner were there sometime during the late mornings, we managed to tried out their morning meals especially their Nasi Lemak Special (not bad indeed, it’s not that spicy which was just right for breakfast) and their Nasi Kuning Ikan (which was okay tasting according to my partner – we were pretty happy as well to find a mostly ‘Tawau staple food’ in KK). They also gave us a scoop of ice-cream each (yay!) after our meal, which might be included as a set or something but I’m not too sure though. And if you’re happen to be around the area during noon time and onwards, their menu consists of a wide range of food. Examples includes the locally famous dishes such as a variety of Nasi Lalap or fusion types of meals like the Beef Black Pepper with Udon (hey, I just realized that maybe the place did not lack Japanese based dishes after all!) for your choosing pleasure.







  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment