RSS

Wukka Cafe

I admit that I'm a chocolate cake and ice-cream demon. You see, my 'well-developed' body maintains an average of at least 3 cakes or ice-creams intake per week. And if my cravings are not fulfilled, things can go flying in my room. Yup, not scary at all. Har har har... So after scaring you a bit, I actually wanted to review a place that has all these sweet nothings in one place. Kind of like a one-stop center for all things sugary (excluding bakeries because I'm thinking of putting them in a new category). And here in Tawau, we have a place called Wukka Cafe for just that. Specifically located at CTV Junction (or Jalan Chong Thien Vun if you like), the cafe is right in the middle of a single row building very close to Sabah Chinese High School and Cynthia Chinese Restaurant. The place is formerly known as Vedablu (yup, that famous ice-cream heaven) but after a while, the cafe was converted fully into what it is now. And yes, there's also another Wukka Cafe in the heart of Fajar Complex so no worries about not being able to go to this one.

So like I've mentioned before, the food are mainly those delicious desserts that we love so much and other popular lightweight dishes such as sandwiches, fries, waffles and pancakes (and most of them are awesome!). But don't worry if you are thinking of eating something heavier as the cafe also provide various Western food such as pasta dishes, with several typical Malay cuisines like fried rice and fried kuey teow and a hint of Korean food as well. When we had a visit recently, my tummy was aching for more than a cake so me and my dear partner ended up ordering a Turkey Ham Fried Rice and Wukka Nasi Lemak (good but unfortunately nothing to shout about), aside from having my favourites Mocha Cheese Cake and Chocolate Caramel Cake (looooovveee their cakes). On another visit, we'd also tried out their Ice Cream set (forgot the actual name) and the flavours for said ice-creams were one of the best in town. My partner ate their Brownies and despite the less than pretty outlook, the taste was commendable. Their decor is also one of the prettiest that I've ever seen. I mean, the place not only looks great and prettily decorated with colourful ornaments and little decorations, but it feels comfortable and relaxing as well.

** Current status - Still in operation (as of November 2013)












  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment