RSS

Soon Yee Bingo House

Yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking when you read the name of the place (cause it did crossed my mind every time I drove passed the place). So aside from all bingo jokes that you could think of, this place has got nothing to do with that kind of bingo. Situated neatly in front of Giant Hypermarket (yes, I admit that I went to the area almost every other week) at the infamous Perdana Jaya area Tawau, the cafe is somewhat a health freak heaven. And I said 'somewhat' because only around half of the menu are truly healthy food. I must say that I'm impressed that they at least attempted to create a healthier versions of the otherwise very high calorie (guilty of counting my calorie intake, whenever I felt like it) dishes such as Fried Rice and Chicken Rice. So when my mom and I tried the place for the first time, we ordered quite a few dishes because we were pretty starving (hahaha.. trust our empty stomachs to guide the way). I ordered both their Fried Mee Hoon (less salt, which is as expected from a healthy cafe) and Nasi Lemak (average, but the anchovies are crispy) while mom got herself some Homemade Soy Sauce Chicken Rice (direct quote from my mom "...okay la" - not that convincing mom!) and their version of Ko Chung (pretty similar to the Malay's pulut). I've tasted the latter and I actually loved it. Reminds me of my early childhood. So overall the taste varied here and there. The food is mainly Chinese based health food so don't be 'scuurred' by their names as the place is pork free. They also have an assorted of those healthy Chinese drinks and jellies (which I assured you will make its way into my plate pretty soon).

I don't have any complaints on service as we're the only ones there during that time (but I've passed the place several times before and it's usually packed during the day) so it's obviously going to be swift. Food are also served swiftly so we're quite happy with that.

** Current status - Still in operation (as of November 2013)









  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment