RSS

Nasi Ayam Hainan (Cina Muslim)

It's a Sunday afternoon and while driving around town, me and my partner saw this banner by the roadside promoting a place called Nasi Ayam Hainan (Cina Muslim) and we're definitely intrigued. So off we go to the Ba Zhong commercial area and a quick stroll in front of the shops facing the sea, we immediately spotted the place. Now at first I thought that the name of the restaurant was something else, since it's pretty weird to have a restaurant named after a particular dish. But I was apparently proven wrong and yes, that's actually the full name of the joint. Pretty unique huh?

When we went inside, the place was not particularly crowded but there're already a few tables that had been occupied. But upon close inspection, we notice that (yup, I actually felt as if I'm presenting something for my boss during a meeting session here, hahaha...) some of those 'tables' were occupied by relatives (or close friends) of the owners. Which is not a big deal, if only they didn't kept bothering the waitresses and cooks with their personal 'demands' every 5 minutes. Yes people, I'm officially annoyed! Because of this, one of my food order was accidentally forgotten and hence ruined my mood to eat there. But we did ate their Roasted Chicken Rice (my partner said it's okay at best) and their Nasi Goreng Kam Heong (which despite its simple looks, was actually very flavourable). Their homemade chili paste was also something worth noting, since it's actually spicy and has a nice taste to it (not like the usual tasteless, 'spiciless' pastes elsewhere). Now I do wish that I've also tried their Fried Bean Sprouts with Salted Fish but it got lost in between those 'demands'.

** Current status - Has been closed (as of Sept 2017)






  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment