RSS

Fatt Kee Seafood Restaurant (KK FoodieVenture #29)

Now this restaurant is practically an institution in Kota Kinabalu. I kept hearing people recommending this establishment to me every time I'm in town. Unfortunately I usually either forgot to visit the place or was thinking of going there but was already full in the stomach. So when a friend of ours insisted on taking me and my partner there one night, we jumped at the chance. But do not confuse this place with another famous eatery called Kedai Kopi Fatt Kee situated within the KK town area at Jalan Haji Saman (as I previously did). The seafood restaurant was previously known as Jin Jin and is sitting nicely at Jalan Lintas (at Hilltop, right next to the Prudential building).

The most popular dish from this place (now operating at night as well, since I've heard that they usually only opened during the day) was by far the Mixed Fish Mee Hoon and Fish Head Noodles. I mean, that's all people kept telling me about. My partner decided to have a go at the latter and definitely loved the freshness of the fish dish (but I totally neglected to take a picture of it - sorry folks). But I wasn't in the mood for something soupy that day and decided to try another dish highly recommended by our friend, that is their Fried Rice with Fish Fillet, which was really good. Again, you can't possibly beat the freshness of the ingredients within said dish. And the side soup provided with the dish really complimented the flavours as well. Like any other respectable seafood restaurant, they also provide other typical cook-to-order dishes. And if you wanted to try something else, there's also a couple of food stalls within the premises that provides other types of food such as grilled burgers (more on that in the next post), Nasi Lemak and satays (see pictures below).









  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment