RSS

Buffet Ramadhan 2014 Round Up (Part 1)

Yeah yeah I know, it's already the 1st of Syawal today (by the way, HAPPY HARI RAYA people!) but since I'm ridiculously busy all throughout the Ramadhan fasting month, this is the only time for me to post my so-called 'findings'. Last year, I did a total round-up of almost all of the Ramadhan Buffet hang outs available in Tawau but since this year my pocket aren't as loaded with money as I did before (sob sob!) I've only managed to dragged myself to 5 such buffets.

So in no particular order, I present to you my Buffet Ramadhan Tawau Edition 2014 round-up...

PROMENADE HOTEL TAWAU










Pros: Out of the bat, they provide the widest selection of food. Note worthy dishes includes lemang, roti canai/murtabak, nasi briyani (but this may differ according to the day) laksa as well as assorted local kuihs, desserts and unique blend of drinks. They also were quick to refill any emptied trays and has a vast place to sit.
Cons: It's by far the most expensive one in Tawau (but considering the vast menu, I'm willing to let it go) 
Price: RM68 nett 
Where: On the 7th floor of the Promenade Hotel Tawau. Eastern Plaza. 
Recommendation: Highly recommended for those that had bellies like an elephant.


MARCO POLO HOTEL TAWAU








Pros: The bubur lambuk was pretty tasty. Other than that, they also got some delicious lamb dishes and their 2nd week price reduction did help a lot in filling up the place. 
Cons: Okay so here's the thing. I'm a regular when it comes to their daily lunch buffet (on other months) and I was quite dissappointed to discover that their 'buka puasa menu' was almost similar to the lunch buffet (which was only at RM20 nett). They're also a bit late in preparing the food, as patrons were already waiting around for them at the buffet counters. 
Price: RM45 nett (but reduce their pricing to RM40 nett a week after that)
Where: On the ground floor of the Marco Polo Hotel Tawau
Recommendation: I would recommend their daily lunch buffet but maybe not their Ramadhan version though. 


**Want to see more? Then continue on to the next post please....
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment