RSS

Amin Cafe Centre (KK FoodieVenture #33)

A friend of mine (who's also an ex-student of SM All Saints, KK) swore by this dish since his school days. And he's also the one responsible for me and my partner visiting this place at least once every time we're in town. So what is this popular dish that we can't seem to get enough of? To my fellow Tawaurians and other people outside of Sabah, I present to you... Nasi Mbak (sorry, I have no idea how they came up with that name)!

I've done some 'research' through the internet (and by that I mean the ever useful Google) and found out that this dish is particularly popular within the Likas area, with several eateries selling them like hot cakes. But we usually have ours at Amin Cafe Centre, a 'kedai kopi' on a row of shops, right in front of SM All Saints. The dish is fairly simple, which consist of plain rice and 2 pieces of fried chickens, coupled with some chili sauces. So what is so special about this very common looking dish? Well it's probably the way they'd cooked those lovely chickens, which almost always turns out to be crispy and all around delicious. My partner even ordered an extra helping of those yummy chickens for his Nasi Mbak during our recent visit. And you can't argue with the fairly cheap pricing as well. But don't worry if you want something other than their Nasi Mbak, as the eatery also provides other dishes such as Nasi Campur and soupy dishes like Mee Hoon Sup and Bakso.






  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment