RSS

1st Cafe Tawau

I probably have mentioned before that not only is my partner a footie fanatic, he plays football (and by extension futsal) like a fanatic as well. So whenever he asked me to accompany him, I was more than reluctant to budge. As much as I enjoyed watching the game myself, I prefer to do it while sitting comfortably at home. But I got to hand it to my partner for knowing just how to persuade me to follow him. He just has to mention ‘new makan place’ and I’m there!

The fully open-aired eatery (for the obvious, ‘sweaty’ reason) is located right next to the Tawau Futsal Centre at Mile 3, Apas Road. It’s hidden deep within this industrial area so I would suggest using Waze for first timers. And since my partner was off to his game the moment we got there, I had to console myself with a Nasi Goreng Lalap Ayam (a bit too salty but still acceptable) and a Beef Burger (nothing too memorable about it, just your average tasting burger). A funny side story – there was this overly ‘friendly’ cat that has no problem leaping onto the table, parked itself strategically right next to your plate of food and has a hard time not ‘sharing’ your food in the process. I personally loved cats but it’s a bit tedious trying to eat and shoo the cat’s face simultaneously. The waiters were very apologetic and carried the little fatty away numerous times but to no avail as it will find its way back in seconds and was also picky with the food that was given to him (the cat totally ignored my vegetables and go straight for the good stuff which was my fried chicken). Well… at least it was keeping me company the whole time I was left alone so it’s not all bad.

** Current status – Still in operation (as of October 2018) 







  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment