RSS

Steakroni

As with anything new in town, Tawaurians began flocking to the barely 3 weeks old western restaurant like nobody’s business. So obviously that got me curious enough to drop in for dinner with my partner recently. Oh and just so you guys know, they’re situated within the bustling Fajar Complex area (the former spot of several eateries before them), visible from the Tawau branch of CIMB Bank. 

After scanning their (self-service) menu, we initially wanted to try out their burgers but since those items were not available yet, we opted instead for their Classic Carbonara Spaghetti and Grilled Beef Steak. Taste wise, their dishes were actually delicious (albeit watery in the case of the former) but I do have a slight dissatisfaction with their portioning though. I mean, I finished my pasta in less than 2 minutes (I’m not being sarcastic here folks) while my partner noted that his steak feels more like an appetizer rather than a main dish. Granted, the place is using some good-grade tenderloin and sirloin cuts but it might not be worth the price that we’ve paid. Plus, it would be wise to ask the customers beforehand just how they would want their steak to be prepared, instead of the one-for-all medium-well. But then again, they did take note of the problem so I’m still hopeful that they would somehow turn that around as the place has potential. We’d also shared a plate of their Triple Chocolate Crepe and I swear that I could finish 3 of that dessert (no joke) by my self since it was very rich and well… ‘chocolate-y’; perfect for a chocoholic such as myself!

** Current status – Has been closed (as of August 2019) 









  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment