RSS

Gerai Satay Fujimart Wak Hassan

In my years of blogging (that sounds longer than it actually is), this is the first time that I did not know the exact name of the stall that I'm going to review. And the even sadder thing? I'm actually a frequent patron of said stall. Oh well, I'm just going to put down Sate Cocos Fujimart for now because of several reasons. Well, it's not actually that hard to guess them; its mainly because the place sells sate (satays), the family behind the stall are Cocos in ethnicity and of course lastly, it's situated beside the long abandoned Fujimart building in Tawau. Yes, it's official people.. I'm a genius! (maybe in my dreams...). Even though there are several other branch stalls within the Tawau area that're opened by the said family (including the popular Mas AF Satay stall - as it is said that they're all related), this one is one of the more popular hang-out for Tawaurians.

So obviously from the name, their official main dish has got to be their satay. Since I've been to this establishment for quite some time, I can probably say that their satay and its once famous peanut sauce has gone somewhat of a 'downgrade' over the years. The satay were delicious as ever, but the size has been reduced significantly. The peanut sauce was also not as thick with peanut as it used to be. But one can hardly blame them for trying to survive the current economy right (fancy me an economist.. huhuhu...). They also sell pretty good Sayap Ayam Bakar (grilled chicken wings) as well as the very well-known Gogos (a local version of the 'pulut'). They'd also branched out in their menu and are now selling burgers as well.

(Side note: I went to the satay stall sometime around 2016 and had noticed that they'd finally put out a signage in front of the stall that said 'Gerai Sate Fujimart Wak Hassan' - so I can finally update their official stall's name) 

** Current status - Still in operation (as of Oct 2014)










  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment