RSS

Kedai Kopi Keong Sang

My mom has been pestering me to have our breakfast here for awhile now but I kept avoiding the place due to one particular problem… their parking. Since they’re located in the corner of a packed industrial area (namely the Hua Dat Industrial complex, the area on the left side of the Tawau Lama/ Batu 3 Jalan Apas junction) getting any parking space near their eatery was just impossible regardless of the time (they’re mainly open from morning to the evenings). So as I was just entertaining my mom’s request one morning to drive by the area (with zero expectations mind you), another patron coincidentally made their way out of the place. Yup, luck was on our side that day.

Now this place is very well known especially to Chinese Tawaurians (heck, even my aunties from KK talked about them before) so they have successfully expand their business from just one shop to two now. And we can easily see why since their menu was pretty extensive as far as breakfast & lunch was concern. They have everything from pre-cooked meals, cook-to-order ones, assorted bakery goods, a variety of Chinese buns (aka pao) and dim sums and several stalls for chicken rice and noodles. We decided to try out their Chicken Rice and we loved it. My mom was particularly impressed to see some eggs and peanuts being added to the dish. I’ve also heard some favourable reviews regarding their egg tarts so I decided to give them a go as well. It wasn’t overly sweet and the crust was deliciously crunchy. My mom cannot resist bringing home some paos as well afterwards and she loved those as well. Two things that I need to note here were that some of the buns and dim sums might contain pork and the eatery is also home to the King Pao (imagine a pao the size of a birthday cake) so do check them out should you’re interested.

** Current status – Still in operation (as of Dec 2018) 













  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment