RSS

Warung Nasi Kuning Jalan Damai

Disclaimer: The following visit was done way before the Movement Control Order (MCO) started so rest assured that I didn’t break any rules as I’m currently doing my part by staying put at home. And as far as I know, the eatery was still open for business before the MCO.      

While we’re still on the subject of small eateries that primarily sells Tawau's go-to breakfast staples, this is another such place that I’ve discovered by accident. And yes, as you can probably guess from the pictures below, I was having my car washed at the car wash right beside the tiny eatery (they’re located within Jalan Damai, opposite to this quiet commercial area called Plaza Damai) when me and my partner decided to have a brunch of sorts (even though we’d just had a hefty breakfast mere hours before – but hey, there’s always room for more right?).

There are also other dishes such as Nasi Lemak, Sup Tulang and Nasi Lalap within their simple menu but obviously it wouldn’t mean a thing if we did not sample their namesake dish right? So we ordered their Nasi Kuning Ayam and Nasi Kuning Ikan respectively and both were commendable but nothing noteworthy I’m afraid. It was still delicious but very ‘typical’ as well. Both dishes also took their sweet time to arrive at our table, probably because the two teenage girls that were manning the entire place were overwhelmed by the influx of customers. But they must be doing something right just by looking at the number of patrons that day so do try them out yourselves.  

** Current status – Still in operation (as of April 2020) 







  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment