RSS

Kedai Kopi D'Sup Hao Liao

Disclaimer: The following visit was done way before the Movement Control Order (MCO) started so rest assured that I didn’t break any rules as I’m currently doing my part by staying put at home. And as far as I know, the eatery was still open for business before the MCO.      

Now despite what you may think when you read the name of this place; no… it is not a Chinese eatery. But they do have various types of soup based dishes so at least they did stay partly true to their name I guess. They are located inside the main Sabindo town area (where I admit that I rarely ventured into these days), right in front of the Grace Plaza and not that far off from the Avon Cosmetics local branch. And it was my partner who’d brought me there since he knows the owner through work. Other than the assortment of soups (such as Sup Tulang, Sup Daging, Soto and what not) their menu also consists of typical Malay cuisines so I decided to try their Nasi Goreng Kampung instead since I was rather hungry during said time. I kid you not when I say that barely 5 minutes later, my dish was ready to be served and it was pretty good; kind of reminded me of a warung type of cooking. I like that they sprinkled the fried anchovies on top of the dish instead of stir-frying them with the rice. My partner was in the mood for some Gado-Gado and Sup Paha Ayam. I did take a sip at the latter and while it was okay, it was also a tad too salty for my liking. All in all, it might be a small eatery but it is still worth to check them out should who’re in town.

** Current status – Still in operation (as of May 2020) 







  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment