RSS

Twenty Five Western Dessert

Disclaimer: The following visit was done way before the Movement Control Order (MCO) started so rest assured that I didn’t break any rules as I’m currently doing my part by staying put at home. And as far as I know, the eatery was still open for business before the MCO.      

I actually have something in mind for my annual Hari Raya post but it will also depends on my free time (since I’m back at work now) and whether my laziness will overpower me once again (which happens a lot these days). So for now, I present to you yet another eatery that I’ve visited before the CMCO. Secludedly located within the Jalan Sim Hua Seng, the tiny shop is directly in front of a Silverstone tyre shop.

I remembered that it was still around brunch time when my partner and I dropped by. I like the fact that the mother-daughter owners warmly greeted us even though they might not be 100% ready for business and gave us a menu to browse through as they’re preparing themselves. And judging from their menu, their food really does consist of ‘western+dessert’. We were quite impressed with their selection of cool desserts but they also have a section of noodles and western dishes for you to choose from. Both of us already had a heavy breakfast before stopping by the place (initially for something light) but I just can’t resist trying out their lovely looking Chicken Chop. It was juicy and tender (since I don’t often have it with a slice of pineapple and mind you… it goes really well together). My partner was not too keen on eating anything heavy again so he decided upon their Waffle Cone with Ice Cream dessert and some homemade coleslaw to munch on. Other than that, they also have off-menu daily specials (the Chicken Nasi Lemak and Curry Fish Balls) that seem to be very popular among in-the-know customers.  

Even though I personally loved the family run shop, do take note that the shop is literally run by both the mother & daughter team only so high patience is definitely required should you decided to dine in. Because from what we’ve seen while we were there, they were quite frantic in trying to manage all of the dine-in and tapau orders that kept pouring in (since they’re also available through the Morefun apps).       

** Current status – Has been closed (as of Jan 2021) 








  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment