RSS

Bask Bear Coffee Garden City

Although I'm familiar with this brand thanks to my frequent travels to KK, it took them to opened a branch here in Tawau for me to finally gave them a try. Plus their very strategic placement (right beside the main roundabout leading up to Bataras Hypermarket - on the ground floor of a newly opened commercial building called Garden City) left me with no other 'choice' but to visit them 😉

The franchise might initially be a coffee place but I'm more of a fan of their food rather than their drinks. So far I've bought their Hash Brown Chicken Slice Toast and Double Down Hash Brown Toast and to me both were simply delicious. The muffins were also pretty good (both Double Choc Muffin and Banana Choco Chip Muffin were firm and appropriately sweetened, just the way I preferred them) but the same can't be said about their drinks. I've tried their Aren Chocolate Cheese Foam and I kid you not when I say that I almost spit out my first sip because it was one of the sweetest drinks that I've ever tasted. I'm all for the strong chocolate taste but unfortunately the aren aka palm sugar was just as strong if not more, that almost overwhelmed the entire drink. Might be trying their other drinks in the future to see if there's any difference in the level of sweetness.

** Current status - Still in operation (as of Feb 2023)









  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment