RSS

Reena Bakes

I was so into my back-to-back workload that lo and behold, it's already October. And since the viral dessert Cake in Bowl has been making its rounds here in Tawau as of late (with almost all bakery & sweet shops creating their own versions of the aforementioned), I might as well join the bandwagon. 

So I decided to try out the Reena Bakes version of said dessert, since it did promote its version as 'less sweet'. Located within Fajar Complex (right behind the Bakso Senario branch), it is also when I realized that social media is definitely not a reliable source for genuine reviews, as the cake in question was still sweet as hell (even for a self-proclaimed choco lover like me). But I do like the fact that they did at least tried to balanced the overly sweetness with a slightly salty based cake and sour cream cheese. My hubby tried their Pista Cheese in a Cup and it was just okay I guess as I'm not really a fan of cheese (which seems to overpower the pistachios tastes). They also have a variety of other cakes, pastries and desserts to choose from should you have a severe sweet tooth. Oh and it is worth mentioning that most of their desserts (other than the ones that you could see within the glass display) are on baked-to-order basis so waiting is unavoidable. 

** Current status - Still in operation (as of Oct 2024) 











  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment