RSS

Taste Two Restaurant & Bar

Next on my new foodie adventure is that of Taste Two Restaurant & Bar. Nicely nested at the surrounding building that pretty much cocooned Giant Hypermarket at Jalan Sin Onn/ Jalan Apas (depending on which road you are using to get there). I think it's only my fourth visit (usually dragging my mom along) and the variety of food really improved by each visit. They have added a few new fusion dishes inside their menu, which (no joke) will take you at least 10 minutes just to get through it and finally making your final choices. Or maybe I'm the slow poke, who knows! But anyway, I totally loved their Nasi Lemak Ayam Penyet set (which is almost always my top choice) due to my obsession with sambal (bring it baby). My mom (as seen below) is a huge fan of anything noodles so she decided to take on the Signature Fried Noodles, which according to mommy dearest, are acceptable (oh yeah, meet my mom... the tough critic). Trust me though, you won't be disappointed with the variety of food that they've come up with. And the drinks are pretty colourful and creative to say the least. Their Pomelo Green Tea will forever have a special place in my heart for years to come. We also got adventurous and later ordered their Chicken Satay Pizza (delicious!) & Special Honey Fish with their jumbo set (awesome!)

The food all came not long after we have ordered them, so in terms of the kitchen service, they're superb. But even though the place has quite a number of waitresses floating around, they seem to almost always 'missed' my friendly waves for something. Only when my friendly waves was accompanied with a less-than-friendly-toned 'excuse me' they finally graced me with their presence. But I guess it can't be help during peak hours. The overall concept of the restaurant has a high-class feel to it but rest assured, the food prices are surprising very acceptable. And yes, since this is also a bar, they do served alcohol to those that had a belly for them.

P/S: I do apologized for my very amateurish camera skills (and I got a lot of not so supple 'what the heck' stares by patrons and waitresses alike) so do forgive me for that. And the Cheese Ham Sandwich picture was taken right after I took a bite at it since it looks so irresistible so again, I blame it all on Little Miss Hungry Stomach.

** Current status - Still in operation (as of October 2013)









Updated on 16/10/2016 - I have recently tried out their Mochaccino and it's quite disappointing since it tasted somewhat 'instant'. My mom also had this newer version of their bento-like set and she thoroughly enjoyed it


Updated again on 16/04/2018 - The eatery has undergone some renovations recently, as well as adding a few new things in their menu (and among those items were the delicious Teriyaki Chicken Salad, Black Bean Chicken Rice and Roasted Chicken Rice - or something. I also had their small sized UFO Tart and it was tasty as well)





  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment