RSS

ASquare Container Night Market (KK FoodieVenture #92)

Before I begin, let me express just how much I wished that we had such a happening place here in Tawau. I mean, the concept of a container food stalls is not that foreign (especially in the Peninsular Malaysia) but this was the first one (for me at least) that I’ve seen here in Sabah.  

I did mention in my previous post that since our time in KK this time around was quite limited, we were ‘forced’ to find food nearest to our hotel (they’re sandwiched between the Promenade Hotel & Wawasan Plaza mall). And because there were plenty of food choices within the premise, me and my partner took a solid 10 minutes roaming around the sizeable area while silently weighting our options. We ended up with several things such as Nasi Kuning Ayam (from a stall called Resepi Acil – straight from Tawau y’all), grilled chicken & beef burgers (from Mamaritos Fud Trak – although it is not exactly a food truck now isn’t it?) and some Chocolate Eggettes (from Fry Day – hahaha get it?). The former and latter tasted delicious and fulfilling while the burgers might need a bit more time on the griller as the strips of ham in mine were chewy and the patty was a teensy weensy underdone.

Oh and on a side note, it is advisable for you to bring your own tissues or napkins as you’re on your own in that matter. Also, the place practises a free seating concept and it is preferable if you could clean yourselves up after eating for the convenience of others that are using your table afterwards (as they only have 1 or 2 cleaners within said premise). Plus most of the in-the-know patrons did just that; which was an applaudable act indeed.







*This is the Fry Day stall...

... where we bought the Chocolate Eggettes...

... after we have ordered from the Mamaritos Fud Trak stall...

... for some grilled chicken burger...

... and special grilled beef burger (sorry I can't recall their specific name though).

We also stopped by this Resepi Acil stall...

... for some Nasi Kuning Ayam

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment