RSS

Outward Vacay: Hotel Deleeton

My partner had to go to Kota Kinabalu for a couple days for business purposes and had asked me whether I was interested in tagging along, to which I happily obliged (despite my ‘mountainous’ workload). Since it was a last minute planning (plus we’ll only be there for a short period of time) we decided to rough it up and choose a smaller boutique hotel instead. And I admit that I was the one responsible for recommending this place to my partner, since I remembered that my last visit was a pleasant one. But then again, that was 12 years ago (no joke) so I don’t really know what I was thinking.

I also don’t know whether I should be happy or not but the hotel looks exactly like it was all those years ago. I used to think that the place was pretty classy but now it just looks dated and err… ‘nostalgic’ I suppose. But my non-fussy partner was still pleased to see that our room was comfortable and has a view facing the Centre Point mall (where this hotel is located by the way, within the Asia City area). I did notice however that they’d at least change the bulky TV to a more modern one and had also replaced the aging wooden bathroom door. Location wise, it is at the centre of everything but parking can be quite a challenge since they do not have any designated parking (only public parkings with DBKK ‘must-have’ prepaid coupons – available at the Orange convenient store just around the corner). Also, do request for a room that does not have an air-conditioner blowing directly to your face or you’ll end up sneezing and getting a cold like we did.    

Overall…

Type – Superior Queen Room
Room – 4/5 (would be better if they can refurbished their rooms a bit more)
Price – 4/5 (very reasonable especially if you’re on a tight budget)
Service – 4/5 (it’s always a good thing to have an accommodating & polite staff)
Décor – 3/5 (again, very old-fashion looking)
Facilities – 3/5 (at least they do have a lift; albeit an old one)

Location – 5/5 (they’re literary right across the street to the main entrance of the Centre Point mall & next to this Toyota showroom) 










  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment