RSS

Fook Yuen Darvel Bay Plaza (LD FoodieVenture #1)

On our way back from KK, my partner decided that he needs a break from all those long distance driving and made a pit stop at Lahad Datu (LD). Mind you, it has been years since I last set foot in LD so I was surprise to see the overall development of the small district. What was more surprising (and hilarious to us) was that the first thing that we saw coming into the town area was the Fook Yuen (FY) food chain. I’ve heard rumours that the owner of the aforementioned eatery does not give out the rights to open their branch to just anyone so I’m assuming that this one might at least be opened by a family member. And since we were curious as to whether or not the place looks any different from the ones in KK, we decided to drop by this branch which was located on the ground floor of Darvel Bay Plaza (LD’s current premier shopping mall, as I’ve been told).

Needless to say, we could verify that it is an authentic FY branch and we were both very impressed with the variety of food available, particularly the prawns that my partner had. Taste-wise, everything is up to the usual FY standards (which was both good and satisfying). The only thing that I would like them to take note on was that they did not seem to be using the number-calling system (even though it was available) so we weren’t informed that our drinks were ready. It seems that the staff was ‘busy’ teasing and gossiping with each other to update the patrons of their orders, which is a habit that shouldn’t be taken lightly. 


**Sorry for the angle as this is best that I can do while simultaneously receiving dagger looks from other patrons 😅








  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment