RSS

Restoran Kampung Taste - Singgang

The ‘kampung’ taste that this Fajar Complex eatery (they’re on the same row as the Nationwide Express office) referring to is the local cuisine; specifically Buginese dishes. Since a vast majority of Buginese resides in Tawau, it’s no surprise that such eatery exist. But a recent visit to their FB page saw a number of dishes not exclusively from the ethnicity being prepared as well such as Ambuyat. So it’s good to know that they’re expanding their kampung theme menu.

Let me tell you guys straight up that if you’re hoping for the usual Nasi Goreng or Mee Goreng, than I’m afraid you need to find another place to eat since the place only serves local kampung dishes. When me and my partner were there for a late lunch, they were almost out of their pre-cooked dishes (Tawaurians sure are fast when it comes to good food) so we tried out their Nasi Ayam Penyet Balado (I think that is what they called it) and Nasi Ayam Lengkuas instead. Both we pretty good and flavourful (with the sambal from the Ayam Penyet on the tangy & spicy side) but the Ayam Lengkuas that I had was sourer than I thought it would be. Then again, I’ll probably be back in the future to sample their other pre-cooked dishes so stay tune for any updates.    

** Current status – Still in operation (as of August 2019) 





  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment