RSS

Weijiabao Noodles House

Ever since we passed by them (several times) whenever we were in the Kubota Sentral commercial area (they’re on the same row as #Ekae restaurant), my mom has made it clear that she intended to try them out and we finally did it one afternoon. Well, it was actually because our initial choice for lunch that day has an off day so my mom suggested this place instead.

Going through their menu is a bit of a challenge (at least for me but not my mom) since I can’t seem to familiarized myself with some of the dishes Chinese names. So to guarantee that I will not be ordering something that I might end up not liking, I decided to go for a safer choice which was the Nasi Lemak Sayap Ayam. Or so I thought anyway. The sambal that accompanied the dish tasted exactly like the ones you usually bought in a can from the supermarket. And although the rice was pretty fragrant, the fried chicken was just err… not that good. It was oily and the batter was just plain weird tasting. You pretty much tasted the flour and nothing else. But my mom had a better luck than me since she enjoys her Wa Dan Mee Hoon more than I did. Well, just my (bad) luck I guess. It is also good to note that the place do serve pork & are known by another name (Wai Kee Noodles & Rice) for some reason, especially if you search for them on the internet. 

** Current status – Still in operation (as of August 2019) 








  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment