RSS

llaollao

After a slew of bubble tea franchises decided to invade the Kubota Sentral Commercial Centre area in these past few months (with yet another one opening really soon), it is quite refreshing to see something other than that being open as well; say a frozen yogurt franchise perhaps. This popular Spanish born franchise is steadily dominating the froyo scene and we are quite fortunate to have one here in Tawau, right in the middle of the aforementioned commercial area (they’re on the same row as Magic Station). Since me and my partner were sharing a froyo (he’s not exactly a fan of the latter) we decided to try their Sanum variety which consist of 3 choices of fruits (we’d chosen the Mango, Strawberries & Grapes), 2 crunches (the Oreo Crumbs and Crunchballs) and 1 sauce (the Black Chocolate sauce). I would say that the overall taste mostly depends on your choices of fruits since we discovered that we’d made the wrong choices when we’d accidentally pick out all super sour fruits as our mains. So you can probably imagine my face as I take that first bite of an already sour froyo. Simply ‘marvellous’! Also, I’m not too fond of the sauce that we’d picked as well since it was one of those sauces that harden afterwards. Not a good first impression I’m afraid but I’ll probably try different choices of ingredients in the future to see whether I truly like them or not.

** Current status – Still in operation (as of Feb 2020)









*Updated on 20 July 2020 - I have recently came back and decided to take up their normal, large size froyo (with non fruity choices as toppings this time) and it tasted much better and 'bearable' than before
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment