RSS

Polar Ice Cream (KK FoodieVenture #165)

I did remember vaguely during my childhood years that this brand was my go-to ice cream (along with the locally produced Sincola) since their Nestle & Walls counterparts were just too 'extravagant' for our family (yup, those were the days). So I was somewhat surprised when I found out that not only that they were still very much alive and kicking, but has now even 'evolved' into gourmet ice cream of sorts.

I was doing some sightseeing after lunch inside the mostly vacant Jesselton Mall, Jalan Haji Saman (they're on the lower ground floor, immediately visible when you come down from the escalators) when I spotted them and was curious beyond anything. They now have a variety of new mix of flavours such as the Coffee, Mocha, Bananaberry, Strawberry Berry, Salted Caramel and Banana Chocolate so I decided to try the latter two (since they did not have a full choco flavour - which was a shame). I actually enjoyed the scoops of ice-creams since it was not too rich and not overwhelmingly sweet. Plus it did conjured some childhood nostalgic feelings as I was savouring the ice cream, especially in a very cosy & cutesy setting.










  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment