RSS

Outward Vacay: Showcase Hotel

I can honestly say that this is the first time that I've actually resided (slightly) outside of the KK main city area, mainly because I wanted to try out this particular hotel. Located at the Aeropod Commercial Square, overlooking the Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA), there are approximately 3 hotels within the area (apart from the homestay apartments available). But the one that I was most interested in was this hotel; the one most hidden from plain sight. You can easily spot the other 2 hotel's signage as soon as you entered the area. This hotel however doesn't exactly have an official lobby area but you can check in via their cafe Lugo on the 2nd floor (but do press for the 3rd floor if you're using the lift & it's advisable for you to take the lift that's in between Orange & Tealive, as it's nearest to the cafe/lobby). 

Now ever since I saw posts about the hotel's airplane view rooms, I became very intrigued. Watching the airplane landing and taking off has always been one of my fave pastime and being able to do so at the comfort of a room is even better. Granted, the room that we've been given were on the small side (tall people might have a bit of a problem with the bed setting), but I do like the overall comfy ambience. As I was mainly there for airplane spotting activities as well as to try out the daily food night market at the backside of said commercial area, I didn't mind the no channel TV. Also even though you do need a key card to enter the room area, the lifts leading up to the rooms were public so security might be a slight issue especially for women who travels solo. 

Type - Aero View Room

Room - 5/5 (again, it's mainly for the airplane view) 

Price - 4/5 (still within the 'reasonable' range) 

Service - 4/5 (appreciate their effort to guide us to our rooms, as the rooms.were not labeled) 

Decor - 5/5 (simple & comfortable) 

Facilities - 4/5 (haven't tried out their cafe but it seems to be frequently closed for private events which should tell you something) 

Location - 5/5 (the area is pretty self sufficient even though they are slightly outside of the main city area - plenty of eateries around) 















  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment