RSS

Api-Api Night Food Market @ Gaya Street (KK FoodieVenture #104)

Ever since I read about this in some local newspaper, I’ve always wanted to check the place out, especially when our hotel was not that far off from Gaya Street. And since my mom was preoccupied with our relatives to even bother, I’ve decided to drag my partner instead to explore the night side of Gaya Street on a Saturday night. This particular night market only comes alive (on the same stretch of road as their Sunday morning counterpart) every Friday & Saturday so do take note of that.

I admit that anything that has got to do with food will amaze me one way or another. So imagine seeing rows of food stalls and food trucks in one spot. I was definitely pumped despite already having our dinner for the night. And although I got the impression that they were suppose to be more of them (judging by numerous postings online); I was still impressed by the selection of food available. You guys can check out the pictures below to see some of the vendors present that night. There are also the ones that I did notice but had not taken any pictures of such as the Penang Kuey Teow, soto, laksa and some fresh produce stalls. And since me and my partner were quite full that night, we’d only manage to try some Mini Chocolate Donuts (the donut itself was chewy and has this unpleasant after taste, most probably from the oil that they’d used to fry them in. But their chocolate ganache was superb though) and Coconut Ice-Cream (literally ice-cream in a coconut shell – and other than the unlimited toppings that you can stuff on top of the dessert, it was basically just Nestle flavoured ice-cream). But I wouldn’t mind going back there in the future to try other unique offerings that might be available. Well… Preferably with an emptier stomach of course.  




*This is the Coconut Ice-Cream stall...

... and here's my partner's ice-cream (it costs RM10 per shell).

*This is the Little Donut stall...

where I got my Mini Chocolate Donuts from.

*Here's the Satay Legend stall where they sell assorted satays that includes lamb...

...the Musang King Durian stall...

... the Rainbow Juices stall where they sell assorted fresh juices...

... the Dumpling stall where assorted dumplings & buns were sold...

... the 38 Octopus stall if you want to try any 'octopus related food' such as takoyaki, deep fried squid and even grilled king oyster mushroom

... the Nasi Lemak stall where low budget pre-packed nasi lemak were sold...

... the Grilled BBQ seafood stall...

... the Sarawak Lawas food stall where you can get chicken or dried shrimp filling kuih kelapis...

... the food trucks that sell a variety of soft serve and ice drinks (on the left) as well as a 'luk-luk' truck (on the right)...

.... the Smoko food truck that sells healthy beverages...

... and last but not least, the Gelato Lab food truck
    
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment