RSS

Outward Vacay: Gaya Centre Hotel

I’ll spare you guys the details as to why I’m suddenly back in KK just last week (cough *family wedding* cough) and go straight for the good stuff okay? So this time around, we (and by that I mean me, my partner & mommy dearest) decided to take up residence at the Gaya Centre Hotel mainly due to the very affordable price for 2 rooms. And yes, it’s obviously a bonus that their location was just superb; being just across the street from the Suria Sabah mall.

One thing that is immediately apparent about the interior of the lobby was that it resembles an office building rather than a hotel. And its no wonder since my mom did mention that it was originally said building back in the day. But nevertheless, we were assigned to our rooms hassle free (plus a deposit of RM100 per room) and coincidentally right next to each other (with my partner being all cheery that he got a room all by himself... hmmpph). Now I did read some reviews beforehand and was not expecting much but I personally think that the rooms were not that bad at all. Granted, it does need some sort of refurbishing and a good old scrubbing here and there but overall it was still very comfortable. I just love the hard bed and generous pillows as well as the steady flow of hot water in the showers. There wasn’t any funky smell coming from our bathrooms either as describe by several patrons (or maybe we just got lucky). But I do noticed that my partner’s room was slightly better looking than ours (again, double hmmpph) and there was this cockroach that decided to grace us with its presence one night.

Oh and I do notice several designated parking spots right beside the hotel but it seems that it was on a first come first serve basis and chargeable at a certain fee (sorry, I can’t tell you guys much about it since we’d flown to KK instead of driving this time around).

Overall…

Type – Standard Twin
Room – 3/5 (they definitely should think of refurbishing the place, even just a little)
Price – 4/5 (pretty value for money if you booked via online travelling sites)
Service – 5/5 (smiles and politeness all around – keep it up guys)
Décor – 3/5 (for real though, they really should do something about the office like atmosphere)
Facilities – 4/5 (no pools but they do have a gym, a convenient store, cafes and lounges within the premise)
Location – 5/5 (literally just steps away from the Suria Sabah mall and is also walkable to the Gaya Street and several other malls nearby)



 FYI, these are pics of the lobby area...




 ... our rooms...







 ... and the view from our rooms




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment