RSS

Todak Waterfront Hawker Center (KK FoodieVenture #107)

I was actually in two minds as whether or not I would like to include this post since I lacked the necessary pictures (my bad folks – I was so into my food at that time that I totally forgot to snap any pictures until after I finished). Needless to say, I decided to just go with it and use whatever was at my disposal. I’ll try to update this post with more pictures in the future since I’ll be most likely be going back to the place again anyway. So this Jalan Tun Fuad Stephen hawker area has actually been around for a while now. I was initially a bit put off by the puddle and not-so-clean environment to frequent the area before this. But this past year saw the makan place’s outlook has drastically improved, what with the newly cemented area and bigger canopies being provided.

Just like numerous other waterfront stalls in KK, the variety of stalls that sell seafood within this area is mind-boggling. But do take note that the competition for customers seems to be a bit fiercer here than other places (so you’ll probably have 2 or 3 ‘promoters’ yelling for your attention as you went past the stalls). Also, do ask and negotiate the price of said seafood dishes beforehand since they can sometimes charge you a hefty sum for your orders. Me and my partner decided upon this stall called Chinese Food & Melayu Food (somewhere in the middle of the sea of canopies) and proceed to order a Kam Hiong Crab and Fried Mee Hoon for 2 pax since it was already late that night. The noodle was tasty but ordinary while the crab (according to my partner since I’m allergic to them) tasted succulent but lacked meat. And yes, our total damage was above RM50 just for a single crab meal and the noodles so be wary of their prices okay. 





  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment