RSS

McCafe @ McDonald's

Wow, it’s already August and nearing the end of RMCO (but we will ‘diligently’ wait for any new news from the official channels regarding any extension – hey, it cannot be more solid than from the PM himself right?). Looking back, there’s this one place that has been my go-to place for some simple coffee-chocolate fix during those trying times and its none other than McDonald's very own café (they’re located within the McDonald’s building at Taman Megah Jaya, Jalan Apas area).

I admit that I’m a fan of the McCafe café-like products. Well, not exactly a big fan but nevertheless a fan. There’s something about ordering from the touch screen kiosk that makes me feel calm and gleeful at the same time (and man… it was particularly very calm during the MCO period as most people prefer deliveries or drive-through instead – so there I was taking my sweet time playing around with their mega-tablet like a kid). Yes I know… very jakun of me. And so far I have tried their Ice Chocolate drink and although I do like the taste of said drink, I’m still confused about their sizing. I usually order a large size cup but I ended up with a medium at best (or did they mix my order – multiple times?). I’ve also tried out their selection of cakes (made in collaboration with Secret Recipe) in particular the Belgium Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Lava Cake and both tasted very Secret Recipe (aka very rich and decadent). I’ve also brought home their Chocolate Muffin on several occasions and it was a hit-or-miss with that one. It was moist and delicious the first time I bought it but suddenly became hard and stale a few buys afterwards; probably because it was not from a fresher batch.

** Current status – Still in operation (as of August 2020) 






  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment