RSS

Outward Vacay: Mountain Valley Resort Kundasang

It happened to be our wedding anniversary when me and husband dearest went to KK late last year and we thought that we should at least make some effort to be a little romantic (this is coming from two lazy introverts so...). So we decided to try this accommodation in Kundasang (they're located along the main road to the main town area from KK at Bundu Tuhan, Tenompok). I was curious as to why the place was among the pricier ones in town but after arriving, I think I understand why. 

For one, it was probably the location. On a good day, you could see the peak of Mount Kinabalu clearly from the premise. Sadly, we were not blessed with such a good day when we were there as we can barely see the peak from our room even at sunrise (and the room was supposed to be one of the best rooms with a direct view of the mountain - not our luck I guess even though it took me months before to booked them). But I was very pleased that they made an effort to decorate our room even though I only mentioned about the anniversary in passing. Also, the small room has a more 'hotel-vibe' then the usual chalet types which I preferred as well. They also have 2 eateries (one restaurant and the other a cafe) within the premise that are opened to the general public (more on that on a later post) and adequate parking spots. Oh and you could also rent a space within the premise for your very own camping experience should you are into such things. 

Type - Superior Deluxe Room 

Room - 5/5 (the room has spectacular views - if only the fog was being cooperative) 

Price - 4/5 (at the higher end but personally I think it was worth it) 

Service - 4/5 (staff were helpful & friendly during my stay) 

Decor - 4/5 (room was your typical hotel room but the vicinity looks great) 

Facilities - 5/5 (it's rare to see a place in Kundasang that has both Instagramable restaurant and cafe at the same area) 

Location - 5/5 (no steep or bumpy roads leading up to the place so that alone was already a winner in my books) 












  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment