RSS

Uncle Pepper (Keningau FoodieVenture #4)

My posts on my semi-foodie trip to Keningau ends with this eatery (for now at least). As I’ve mentioned in my previous posts, I’ve been diligently looking up places to eat (from the ever trusted Google) while I was there and had found out that this place is very popular amongst locals. And as luck would have it, it was coincidentally only a short distance from our hotel, which was a major plus for us (since my partner was so not in the mood to drive that night).

As we walked towards the Fortune Shopping Centre (again… it was more of a commercial area than an actual shopping centre & it was just a 5 minute walk from our hotel) where the eatery is visible via the main road, we saw quite a number of people came and went; authenticating the popularity of said place. We decided to sit at their al fresco area (hence why I don’t have any pics of their interior – sorry folks!) and was served by a friendly waitress in no time.

Now, I’ve read some comments online about their somewhat tardy service but fortunately everything went on smoothly when we were there. The western fusion cafĂ© has some intriguing menu items, such as my partner’s Cornbeef Fried Rice (which he said was simple and delish) and an assortment of desserts like the Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door Nutty cake that I’d ordered (guess who’s a fan of Guns N’ Roses huh?). The latter was also good and palatable but a tad too long in the fridge has harden its exterior texture (well, harder than it was supposed to be at least).  But I do see why the place has garnered attention from the locals as they do served a variety of delicious food while also having that chilled vibe going on; a very good place to dine and just relaxed with your friends and family.








*Sorry for the not-so-clear menu though, as the laminated menu has seen its fair share of usage thus has loosen up a bit



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment