RSS

The Alley Suria Sabah (KK FoodieVenture #129)

Let us continue on with my current obsession in trying out various bubble tea brands, particularly in KK where the choices were abundant. I swear that every time I went to KK, another one seems to pop up out of nowhere. This one included of course as I wasn’t expecting to find The Alley kiosk on the 1st floor of Suria Sabah shopping mall. I would be lying if I say that I haven’t heard of this very popular Taiwanese bubble tea franchise before as they’re practically everywhere now. So obviously I wasted no time in scanning their menu and was pretty happy to find the chocolate counterpart of their signature drink (also known as the Brown Sugar Deerioca Dark Chocolate). But I have to admit that I was somewhat disappointed with said drink as it was not what I've expected it to be. I would blame it partly on the hype surrounding the brand as my expectation was pretty high going into it. Their tapioca pearls were sweet & nicely taste but their actual drink was bland to me. It was a let down but then again maybe it will be different if I’d tried their go-to Brown Sugar Deerioca Milk drink instead (which might not be happening any time soon due to my personal dislike over non-choco milk teas). Nevetheless, I do love their sit down area, especially the far off ones that directly faced the entrance to the Padini Concept Store. A good way to relax while your partner takes their (seriously slow & sweet) time shopping.  






  
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment