RSS

Xing Fu Tang Suria Sabah (KK FoodieVenture #130)

After a less-than-thrilling experience with The Alley, I was again taken by surprise when I spotted this kiosk moments after finishing the latter’s drink. I mean really now, are they trying to drown me with all of these bubble tea franchises (that they know I can’t resist)? What is more ironic is the fact that they are just around the corner from their arch rival, on the 1st floor of Suria Sabah shopping mall. But thankfully my wise and non-bubble-tea-enthusiast partner persuaded me to come back the next day and that was exactly what we did. Unfortunately I was let down yet again at the realization that their already limited menu does not include a chocolate option; a surprise for such a big name in the Taiwanese bubble tea business. I did debated with myself whether to try their other options and since it did pique my interest in seeing their famous brown sugar ridden tapioca pearls being stirred right in front of me (in a golden wok no less) I decided to take a chance at their numero uno drink, the Brown Sugar Boba Milk.

I wouldn’t say that I was a fan after having it but I must say they do lived up to their status as one of the top dogs in the bubble tea industry (despite the 'he said-she said' feud going on between their Taiwanese HQ vs Malaysian master franchisee - Chatime 2.0 anyone?). I usually do not like milk but theirs was pretty acceptable to me & not as strong as I've heard. Most importantly, I admit that the caramelized boba was good, as it was very flavourful and softly chewable. But the price was among the most expensive that I’ve encountered so far, even for a popular & internationally known brand such as theirs. Oh and do be warn though; do stir clear of the place if you're in a hurry since it may take some time for them to prepare said stir fried boba as it is freshly made on the spot. 






(Updated on 03 Aug 2020 - I discovered during my most recent visit to KK that they have finally came out with a slew of new items on the menu including a chocolate flavoured version of their boba drink & it was pretty good but could have been better)



     
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment