RSS

Outward Vacay: Hotel Gaia 95

Sorry it took a while for me to update this blog since things had been hectic in the workplace last few weeks. Well, it is the beginning of the year (by the way, Happy New Year 2020 everyone). So continuing on with our KK journey; me and my partner decided to try this boutique hotel next because of its prime location. This relatively new hipster looking hotel had attracted my attention when we went by them during our previous visits to the Gaya Street weekly night food market and Sunday morning market. I thought that it would be interesting to try them out since I could probably do people watching from my room (which I did enjoy tremendously by the way).

The twin bedding room that we had did had a window facing the aforementioned markets directly which might not be appropriate for light sleepers but the hotel do have other windowless rooms to choose from. Our room was small but did have enough space for us to put our bags and walk around. I do like their minimalist décor particularly their open cupboard concept. The lavatory and showers were also decently spaced although it was a bit of a hassle for us to get in and out since the door was partially blocked by the unstrategic sink. Oh and it is good to note that they do not take any deposits upon check in (yeah!) and do not provide any specific parkings (only public parkings so make sure that you buy the DBKK prepaid tickets nearby).

All in all…

Type – Superior Twin with Window
Room – 4/5 (I just love looking down on the window to see the Gaya Street below)
Price – 4/5 (very good considering their prime location)
Service – 4/5 (I like that their front desk staff were patient in answering my questions)
Décor – 4/5 (a hipster boutique hotel does comes to mind)
Facilities – 4/5 (the hotel might be small but they do have their own lift)
Location – 5/5 (smack in the middle of Gaya Street – what more can you ask for)  












*FYI this is the view from our room to the night markets below...

... and the Sunday market

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment