RSS

Boba Milk Tea Mania: Tawau Edition (Part 3)

The local bubble tea scene is still going on strong despite these challenging times (which is something positive I guess). And they’d been popping up faster than me typing up this post so for now… here is my third post on ‘the Tawau bubble tea crazed’ (click HERE and HERE for my previous entries).

(Disclaimer: Similar to my previous boba posts, I will be listing these out mainly based on the tastes of their chocolate drink line unless stated otherwise)

Here I present to you (and in no particular order)…

THE WINGZ

Where? TB186, Ground Floor, Jalan Bakau (has relocated to a new place near to the Tawau Community Hall - updated on 13 July 2020)
Originated from? Tawau, Sabah
What I had? Chocolate Fresh Milk with Brown Sugar Pearl, Nutella Milkshake
The Good? I like the fact that they’re trying something innovative locally & try to emulate the Xing Fu Tang style of stir-frying their pearls (even though they might not be as good as the latter). Also their pricing is cheaper compared to other brands & the drinks that I had were actually pretty good; tasted more milky than chocolate-y.     
The Bad? Oddly enough, even though their core business is the bubble tea, they seemed to be opening a cyber cafĂ© of sorts at the backside of the premise. So if you’re expecting privacy & calmness as you’re enjoying your drink, then this place might not be for you. And I do not know whether I’d come in a bad time or something but the pearls that I had seems to be a bit undercook and err... wrinkly than other places.





*FYI this is their Chocolate Fresh Milk with Brown Sugar..

... Nutella Milkshake...

... and the Oreo Fresh Milk with Brown Sugar that my sister had

THE OWL CAFE

Where? Jalan Masjid (right beside the Old House Cafe)
Originated from? Tawau, Sabah
What I had? Signature Chocolate, Brown Sugar Chocolate Milk Tea Brulee (updated on 10 June 2020)
The Good? The drinks that I've tried did lean more towards the 'tea' part rather than anything chocolate-y, as I can clearly taste the tea within my beverages. Still it’s a very good choice should you prefer to drink tea with just a hint of chocolate in them. Their staff were pretty attentive & friendly as well so kudos for that. Oh and they also collaborated with Han's Bakery on providing in-house snacks to go with their drinks (updated on 10 June 2020).
The Bad? Their parking might pose as a minor problem for patrons since they are located right beside the main road, with no specific space for the latter (updated on 10 June 2020).




*FYI this are actually their Brown Sugar Milk Tea Brulee (left) & Signature Chocolate (right)...

*... and this is their Brown Sugar Chocolate Milk Tea Brulee

*And this are their Milk Tea Brulee (left) and Mango Black Tea (right) that I had during their soft opening

IDRINK

Where? Lot J5, Ground Floor, Kubota Sentral, Jalan Chong Thien Vun
Originated from? China
What I had? Chocolate Indulgence
The Good? The drink might look uninteresting but rest assured that the taste was still pretty good and smooth. I like the fact that they’d managed to retain the choco taste despite the sweetness being lowered down a bit. Also I do encourage you guys to try out their other non-choco variety like the Oreo Brown Sugar Pearl Milk Tea that I bought during their opening promotion. I was pleasantly surprise to find that I actually like their brown sugar milk tea selection as it was superbly prepared to me.
The Bad? From what I can see in their menu, they have a very limited choice when it comes to their chocolate variety (only 2 if I’m not mistaken). And another thing; their drinks were fixed to a certain size only which I find very peculiar.








FRIENDS COFFEE

Where? 4427, Lorong Sabindo Square 1, Sabindo Square
Originated from? Tawau, Sabah
What I had?  Chocolate Boba Cheese
The Good? There was a time when ice coffee was trending like crazy and this is one such place. Fortunately, they had managed to maintain their business despite the rise of the boba trend. In fact, they had adapted into the trend quite well by including a series of boba specials within their existing menu. Also worth noting; their large size drink is more like an XL size drink so you’re definitely satisfied with the below average pricing that you’re paying.
The Bad? For some reason, the taste was not evenly distributed even when I had stirred the ingredients thoroughly (the top part seems to be sweeter than the bottom; however that was possible). Also, their location is not quickly visible to the naked eyes even though they’re actually facing a main road (probably because their shop is smaller compared to the surrounding areas.  



*Sorry for the poor pics quality as the lighting of the place kept getting in the way of me snapping the pics
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment